Friday, February 8, 2013

Monopoly's New Cat: I Blame All Those Cat Memes


This past week Hasbro made a huge announcement!  A new cat token will be replacing the iron.  There were two worldwide competition: One, to save a token piece, Second, to add a new token piece.  The Scottish Dog won the popular vote, while the iron lucked out.  I guess we're to assume Monopoly players are huge animal lovers.

The cat was against four other possible tokens.  Personally, I wish the robot won.  It has a cool vintage sci-fi vibe.  I must admit, I'm a cat person, and the cat really is cute.  (Darn, all those cat memes my brother Steven obsesses over are getting to me) Though I hope the dog token is bigger then the cat, because if the cat is bigger, that will look weird.


I've already collected a few versions of the game, and in so doing I have quite a few tokens.  What's sad is I don't have an iron . . . I may have to pick another game up just to get the vintage pieces for nostalgia's sake.  The new game piece will become available at the end of Summer when Monopoly is re-released, sans iron.


I have to throw this out there.  I don't know how many people have played the new, credit card version of the game.  At first I thought it was a travesty.  You can't play Monopoly without paper money!!!  But it's honestly really fun, and speeds up game play quite a bit.  And the money values are the same as the monopoly's "Here & Now" version.  So if I want to play the credit card version with paper money, I just barrow it from the Here & Now version, and I can play the Here & Now version with credit-cards. 


And there's a card game that's actually quite fun with even quicker game play.  How many more versions of this game am I going to buy? -_-;;

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Monopoly Deal! Especially since I hate regular Monopoly....too many years of playing with my cheating brothers.

    On a side note, I wish the cat looked like Grumpy Cat. I would totally buy the new release! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grumpy cat would have been Hilarious!! The card game is awesome. Quick play and easy clean up! And as a bonus it's pretty fun too:0)

      Delete