Sunday, December 6, 2020

Don't Wait So Long to Follow Promptings of the Spirit

It's an early Sunday afternoon as I write this.  Usually I like to write blog posts and schedule them to upload in the morning, but today I'm not going to do this.  Today I'm going to write this out, do a quick proof read, and then upload immediately.  Because it just seems like a good thing to do.

Yesterday my Dad was desperately searching the house.  It was for a gift card that was left on the garage table a month ago.  Since then things have been moved, shifted, and cleaned up.  For the last few weeks I hadn't seen it.  After some time it was no where to be found.

As I pondered and said little prayers a vague memory started circulating through my mind like a fuzzy dream.  A feeling of seeing the card, a prompting to give it to my Dad, saying that it looked important, and that I might have done just that.  The recollection felt mismatched and potentially false, yet the feeling started to insist I go to my Dad's office and search his desk.  This I didn't do, feeling guilty about the memory.  Wondering if I was prompted in the past to give it to my Dad as he walked past, but didn't, and I was kicking myself for not following through.

All morning I couldn't shake the feeling.  "Go check his desk."  My Mom was going through stacks of paper in another room, and she was getting quite frustrated, so I finally headed the feeling and went to my Dad's office.  Now, hmmmm, his desk is a bit of a mess.  Papers and whatnot's everywhere.  I contemplated starting at one end and working towards the other, but the feeling returned, "start in the middle."  And so I did, shifting through a small stack surrounded by others, and under a DVD, low and behold, was the gift card!!

I laughed as I ran up the stairs, quickly showing my Mom who was relieved from feeling frantic.  I was a mixture of feeling overjoyed vs. berating myself for not following through sooner.  Thankfully I listened to the first prompting a month ago and gave the card to my Dad.  It was a true memory.  But I'm a little upset for waiting nearly 24 hours to check where the spirit whispered for me to check.

Now, I can hear some people maybe say it wasn't the spirit.  It was my subconscious recalling a scattered memory and solving the problem through logic.  But no, though this is most likely a contributing factor, I know the spirit was whispering to help me find the card.  It's really amazing, with everything happening in the World, all the craziness, God is still aware of us on a deeply personal level and cares for us individually.  I'm thankful for the little miracles in our lives.

Much love,

Happy Sabbath,

Sarah 


No comments:

Post a Comment