Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November's 2013 POPSUGAR Must Have Box Review


 I got my second POPSUGAR box last weekend.  With Veterans Day I was afraid I'd get it on Tuesday, but it was delivered Saturday morning!  I was out and about so my box came with me, and I opened it up in the car :0)

This month I went Spoiler free and it was So Hard!
(I visit the Makeup Talk forum, MUT)

POPSUGAR is a monthly subscription lifestyle box for gals.  The cost is $39.95 a month, free shipping, but it's cheaper when you subscribe with a 3, 6, or 12 months subscription.

On any month you can receive goodies for home, a book, fitness, snack, makeup, pampering, fashion, etc.  You never know what you're going to get, only that it will be fun and worth around $100, give or take a little.

You can subscribe here.

I was lucky to subscribe with a 3-month plan pre-price increase and $5 off coupon, so I only paid $30 for this box!!


An overall view of what's in the box.


 Michael Stars Folk Art Wrap!  Valued at $42.  (It works as a scarf as well).  I LOVE this.  I don't wear too many scarfs, and they're all knits anyway, so this is a nice change.  And I love the pattern.  I love squars, shapes, and lines.  My brother Robbie says it's very northern Argentina in style, which makes it even more cool.  As he said, "That scarf's legit!"


 Pretty cool when you see the price tag on an item, and its retail price is higher then what you paid for the box!


 The Naughty candle by Illume, valued at $15.75.  This smells so nice.  The notes are "Exotic Spice, Precious Woods, and White Musk.  The box was also giving out the "Nice" candles, which has a "Vanilla, Sugar, Coconut" scent.  That sounds fantastic as well.  Each box received one or the other, and which one you get is completely by chance.  I love the one I got :0) 



 Roland Pine Shea Butter Soap, from the Soap and Paper Factory, valued at $8.  I typically don't use bar soaps, mainly using gel, but this is so nice.  I love the smell of pine.  So Christmas.  Makes me want to travel to the mountains.  The scent is nice and soft, and doesn't linger on my skin, which I like.  It's like a woodsy aromatherapy for the shower.


 Strawberry & Blackcurrant Cream Preserves, by Maison de Monaco, valued at $6.  Created from a classic French recipe, these preserves contain 70% fruit and less sugar then typically used in jams.  I had this on my pancakes yesterday.  So good.  The primary flavor is Strawberry, which is my favorite. 



 Bare Fruit Apple Chips, sea salt caramel, valued at $3.49.  Besides chocolate, apple chips are my favorite snack, so I was excited to try these.  They're really good :0)


 Canvas Wine Tote by Land's End, valued $14.50.  I don't drink, I don't have friends who drink, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with this.  Carry my water bottle?  That seems silly.  The "downer" in the box, but everything's a surprise, so that's the nature of subscription boxes.


Absolute! Nail Polish Remover Pads, valued at $2.99.  I haven't used these yet, but I will soon.  I've been coloring my nails a lot lately.  Very handy.  This was another random item because there's 4 scents you can receive: Lavender, Spring Fresh, Peach, and Lemon.

Overall I'm very happy with this box.  Very Autumn like with a candle, scarf, and preserves. Already I'm using and enjoying these items.  The value for this box is $92.73, but my personal value (because I really don't know what to do with that wine tote) is $78.23.  Still more then what I paid for the box!  They included a $30 off Canvas Pop code that appeared to be a gift card with a unique code, but the code isn't unique, and the site is super expensive, so I know I won't be using it.  If you include the Canvas Pop code the value would be $122.73, but I don't feel that's the true value of the box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment